"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

Matthew 5:3-6

Sunday, July 11, 2010

When in Calgary do as the Calgarians do...


I have discovered that around this time of year for about 10 days the culture in Calgary drastically changes. It's a time when free pancake and sausage breakfasts become the norm, 769 horses walk the streets, and the dress code includes a good pair of cowboy boots, jeans and of course a cowboy hat. It is Calgary Stampede time. It has been fascinating to experience the festivities here and see a new side to Calgary, Canada. We began the weekend with the main stampede parade last Friday morning. During the parade we counted 769 horses. I think that is the most horses I've seen in my life. Saturday I went to the local Bowness parade which was much more quaint, only 9 horses. I concluded the morning with my first FREE Stampede pancake breakfast. It's tradition here for local businesses, communities, churches etc. to hold free breakfast during the Stampede. You can find a handful every day. Sunday I ended the weekend with attending the Stampede grounds. It included FREE admission and FREE breakfast. I like getting things for free. Needless to say it has been a fun adventure experiencing Calgary in a different way.

Despite all the fun I've been having there is still work to be done. I now have three weeks remaining in my internship with EMI. It will be a busy three weeks I'm sure and we have lots of work to do to complete the project. Please pray that Jesus will be with us as we continue working and that our work would be glorifying to him. Thank you for your support and prayers.

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. -Ephesians 1:2

No comments:

Post a Comment