"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

Matthew 5:3-6

Monday, July 19, 2010

Mountains, lakes, and grizzly bears


"O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory above the heavens."
Psalm 8:1

This past weekend I had the opportunity to take a trip to Bamff, one of the national parks in Canada located in the Rockies. It was beautiful. Pictured above is Kaisa, Talia and me sitting in front of Lake Louise, the most famous lake in Canada. This was one of our stops during the day. We also visited the town of Bamff and dressed up like grizzly bears in an attempt to learn more about them, Hiked the Johnston canyon to see several waterfalls and beautiful cliffs, and we ended the day with a trip to the hot springs. I am always in awe when I visit the mountains. It makes me wonder what heaven will be like. If the Lord took such care in making the earth so beautiful, how much more grand will heaven be? I can't even imagine.

On another note, I only have two more weeks in Canada. The time has gone by so fast but the Lord has been good and blessed my time. I ask that you pray for the remaining time I have, that it will be productive and that I will continue to develop the friendships I have made while here. Pray that my heart will be open for whatever else Jesus will teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment