"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

Matthew 5:3-6

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Haiti here I come!

I'm sitting at my computer as I make my final preparations to leave for Haiti. In just a few hours I will be flying to Miami Florida to meet my team for the first time and join them on the flight to Haiti which leaves early tomorrow morning. I am excited and anxious as I wait but I know Jesus is with me. As I prepare for my trip I am reminded of the verses in Isaiah 55:1-3 "Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare." I know that the time in Haiti will not be easy and good food will not be plentiful and the heat will make me thirsty and uncomfortable, but I know that Jesus will sustain me and He is the one that will satisfy. Please pray with me that my heart would be humbled and that my focus will be on the others on my team and the people of Haiti, that I would not worry about the little details and the discomfort I may experience. I thank you all for your prayers and will update you on my travels as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment