"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

Matthew 5:3-6

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jesus is faithful

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Jesus again has followed through on his promise to guide me in the way I should go. In January this year I decided to apply for a summer internship with EMI (Engineering Ministries International) after hearing more about them at the Urbana Missions Conference 2009. I really felt that Jesus was calling me to serve him with my architecture and engineering talents through working on projects for those in need. I was interviewed for an internship in their office in Uganda. However, there were many people who also had a desire to go with EMI to Uganda and I was not accepted for the internship. I continued to pray about where Jesus wants me to go and if I should consider an internship in the fall. A little over a week ago as I had decided I wanted to be considered for an internship in the fall, I received an email from the EMI directer at the office in Canada. He asked me if I would like to be involved in one of their project trips to Haiti and work in the office in Calgary, Canada. Since my thesis project had been focused on Haiti, I knew this was a perfect opportunity since I had a desire to serve the people in Haiti. After some prayer and discussion with my parents, I accepted the offer to go and will leave the week after graduation. I am excited for what Jesus will do in my life through this opportunity. Please pray with me as I prepare for my trip to Haiti.

Jesus is truly faithful to his promises!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lara!
    This sounds really exciting! It's awesome to hear how Jesus is leading you and opening doors for you after your graduation. I look forward to hearing stories of how Jesus prepares you and provides for you in this upcoming chapter in your life. May you experience the joy of walking with Jesus wherever He takes you!

    In Him,
    Josh

    ReplyDelete